This episode includes an interview with Reba Nissen & Michelle Tanner of the 12th Annual Ogden Music Festival. We also an include an update from Visit Ogden’s Sara Toliver on this weekend’s Spike 150 event - including information on how to volunteer, and how to best participate in all the events. It’s Festival Season, and we’re covering all the action right here on the Nine Rails Arts Podcast.
WEEKLY HAPPY | Mono-Ski Pond Skim
INTERVIEW / GUESTS | Marshall McGonegal, Leathers Premium Hand Wear
TRIP REPORT | Indian Trail
ON THE DOCKET
- 4.26 - Audio Surrealism - I Paint Inside Your Mind, Argo House | 7-9pm
- 4.27 - Coldwater Traverse, Bonneville Shoreline Trail | Morning Time
- 5.01 - Montana Fishing Film Fest, Ziegfield Theater | 7pm
- 5.10 - Simba Hikes The Annapurna Circuit, GEAR:30 | 7-9pm
- 5.11 - Fly With The Flock 5K, Ogden Nature Center | 8am-11am
- 5.12 - Mother’s Day Brunch at Snowbasin
- 5.18 - Ogden Marathon
- 5.31 - Ogden Music Festival, Fort Buenaventura
ON THE RADAR
- 7.20 - El Doce 2019, Powder Mountain
- 8.3 - Antelope Island Spider Fest 2019
- 9.28 - Eden Epic Mountain Bike Race
IN THE NEWS
- 70-Year-Old Woman Falls Off Edge of Grand Canyon
- Dinosaur National Monument Recognized as Dark Sky Park
- Annapurna Summit Season Has Begun
- 32 Summit Annapurna
- Outdoor Foundation launches initiative to help four cities ‘Thrive Outside’
- New Switch Speed Skiing World Record
- All Remaining Ski Resorts Open in North America
GEAR:30 | Visit gearthirty.com, and use Promo Code, “OOA” at checkout to save 12% on your purchase.
- New GEAR from Rab. Also, I’m wearing the Salewa Alp Trainer Mid Gore-Tex® Men’s Hiking Boot - first test
- Rob Machado introduces 100% biodegradable Cooler
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Each citizen should play his part in the community according to his individual gifts.” ― Plato
Thank you to GEAR:30 for powering today’s 328th Episode of the Ogden Outdoor Adventure Show! Look for us on Facebook, Instagram, iTunes, Spotify, thebanyancollective.com, and on the Podbean App for Android & iPhones. ALL SHOW NOTES with links are available at thebanyancollective.com
OUTDOOR JUKEBOX | Sifting through hours of crappy music, so you don’t have to.
“A Letter to Elise” | The Cure
As John Muir would say, “The Mountains are calling and we must go…
Completing the Utah Cutthroat Slam. Also, Uinta Cutthroat Pale Ale is good podcasting beer.
Sean Prentiss, author of Finding Abbey, talked to us for what seemed to be no time at all. We wished we could have talked longer. We delve into creative nonfiction, into crafting narrative, in what it means to be 'true' in you memoir. For those looking for an episode that delves heavily into craft, this one is for you.
Van Sessions at The Monarch Building featuring Dave Garofalo, formally of SafetySuit, with a four song set of new music.
Listen & Subscribe on iTunes here.
Listen & Subscribe on Spotify here.
Subscribe to all Banyan Collective Podcasts on YouTube here.
Professional rock climber Sonnie Trotter interview, Adventure News, Events, something Worth Reading, GEAR:30 segment, My Lands, Quote of the Week, Outdoor Jukebox and a whole lotta Earth Day chat. Enjoy!
This episode includes an interview with Russ Adams of Ogden UnCon, Ogden’s untamed and unconventional pop culture convention on June 7-9. Russ Adams is an award-winning Special Effects Artist familiar to worldwide audiences for his work on Jim Henson’s Creature Shop Challenge, the highly-rated SyFy Channel reality series. Russ quickly because a fan favorite on the show thanks to his quick wit and willingness to help his fellow contestants.
Ah social media, our favorite subject to contradict. Our love, hate continues with the social platforms as we move through trying to figure out what Leaky Waders standards are on social. Yes, we have standards, and they are medium.
Ogden Restaurant Week is back! We chat with Sydnie Furton from Visit Ogden, along with two local representatives from participating Ogden Bars to give you everything you need to know about this year's culinary event!
Tessa Fontaine is the author of The Electric Woman:
A Memoir in Death-Defying Acts, A New York Times Editors' Choice; A Southern Living Best Book of 2018; An Amazon Editors' Best Book of 2018; A Refinery29 Best Book of 2018; A New York Post Most Unforgettable Book of 2018